Operational and Technical Challenges for PRIIPs
Overcoming the practical challenges involved in the generation and review of KIDs and compliance with PRIIPs
26-27 June 2017
Hilton Canary Wharf, London, United Kingdom
- Conference Workshop
A practical look at determining costs and pricing for the purpose of generating the PRIIPs KID
David will lead a focused practical session looking at one of the most challenging areas with regard to the generation of the KID: the calculation of the costs involved, the effect of fees on various performance scenarios, as well as the impact on more complex scenarios e.g. the effect of ‘swinging pricing’.
Workshop Moderator: David Coles
Company: Independent Project Manager
- Why You Should Attend
Operational and Technical Challenges for PRIIPs
This marcus evans event will enable financial institutions to discuss the practical challenges that are involved with the generation and review of the KIDs, as well as numerous issues – whether legal, classificatory or definitional – that are causing confusion. By understanding the current regulation correctly, financial institutions will be able to confidently proceed with the implementation comfortable in the knowledge that they are progressing in the same way as other institutions, and as the regulators wish.
The Regulation on KIDs for PRIIPs has been plagued by delay, meaning financial institutions are undertaking a stop-start implementation process. The industry is crying out for more detail and clarity on a wide variety of different areas, whether this be transaction costs or performance scenarios, or even the types of products that require a KID. It is a regulation that despite industry resistance and although with an admirable aim of improving the information given to retail investors, must be implemented by January 2018. Implementation was expected in January 2017 but a rejected of the level 2 regulatory technical standards by the European Parliament in September 2016, led to the delay in implementation to coincide with another significant and wide-reaching European regulation – Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II. The difficulty of the PRIIPs document is ultimately the issue of creating a document that achieves completeness with regard to the detail surrounding a product, in addition to being concise - a maximum of three pages – yet being clear for a retail investor, who perhaps has a limited technical knowledge. Transitional arrangements for UCITS funds who need not comply for a further two years only adds to the confusion with anecdotal comments suggesting that data requested by insurance brokers from asset managers has led to the latter scrambling for the data due to this confusion.
- Key Topics
- Obtain an update of the latest on PRIIPs from the regulators, as well as the regulatory timelines to which firms are working
- Achieve a comprehensive insight into the content of the PRIIPs KID, specifically with regard to performance scenarios
- Gain clarity on the definitional, classificatory, and legal issues still causing confusion
- Understand the required data processes required to calculate costs, pricing and risk for the components of the PRIIPs KID
- Previous Attendees Include
ABN Amro – Aegon – Arion Bank – Arqaam Capital – Bank of Ireland – Credit Agricole – Daiwa Capital Markets – DNB – EIB – Generali – ING – Jyske – Lloyds Banking Group – Lombard Odier – MCGraw Hill Financial – NN Group – Nomura – Nordea Group – Norges Bank – OP – Riffeisen Bank – RBS – Saxo Bank – SEB – Societe General – Swedbank – Unicredit
- Why Choose marcus evans?
marcus evans specialises in the research and development of strategic events for senior business executives. From our international network of 63 offices, marcus evans produces over 1000 event days a year on strategic issues in corporate finance, telecommunications, technology, health, transportation, capital markets, human resources and business improvement.
Above all, marcus evans provides clients with business information and knowledge which enables them to sustain a valuable competitive advantage and makes a positive contribution to their success.
- Practical Insights From
- Click Here For Full Agenda
- Voice of Our Customers
- “It has been very interesting, educations and eye opening. Learning we are all partly alike and partly have a different reality. Realising in some parts we’re well ahead and in some areas we need to be more risk attuned” Senior Risk and Compliance Office, Nordea
- “Very good. presentation was good excellent conference” Head of Regulatory, Scotiabank
- “Overall a very good conference with useful information” Executive Director, Goldman Sachs
- Latest Conference News & Resources
- What is the current situation with the development of the regulation on KIDs for PRIIPs?-Interview with Société Générale Securities Services
- Join the Discussion
- Event Contact
For all enquiries regarding speaking, sponsoring and attending this conference contact:
marcus evans (Europe) Ltd
PO Box 24797
Telephone: +357 22 849 404
Fax: +357 22 849 310